Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Electrical engineers design, develop, test, and supervise the manufacturing of electrical equipment, such as electric motors, radar and navigation systems, communications systems, or power generation equipment. Electrical engineers also design the electrical systems of automobiles and aircraft.
Electronics engineers design and develop electronic equipment, including broadcast and communications systems, such as portable music players and Global Positioning System (GPS) devices. Many also work in areas closely related to computer hardware.
- Design electronic components, software, products, or systems for commercial, industrial, medical, military, or scientific applications
- Analyze customer needs and determine the requirements, capacity, and cost for developing an electrical system plan
- Develop maintenance and testing procedures for electronic components and equipment
- Evaluate systems and recommend design modifications or equipment repair
- Inspect electronic equipment, instruments, and systems to make sure they meet safety standards and applicable regulations
- Plan and develop applications and modifications for electronic properties used in parts and systems in order to improve technical performance
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical & Electronics
- Duration – 4 years
- Eligibility- JEE/12th with PCM
- Aerospace Engineers
- Architectural and Engineering Managers
- Biomedical Engineers
- Computer Hardware Engineers
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians
- Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers
- Electro-mechanical Technicians
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Sales Engineers
Companies like ABB, Bajaj International Private Ltd, Crompton Greaves Limited, Siemens Ltd, Reliance Power Ltd, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), Coal India Limited (CIL), Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL), Centre for Electronics Design and Technology and Wipro Lighting are the biggest employers hiring Electrical Engineers.