Diploma in Cement Technology
Cement Technology is a course designed to impart an in-depth knowledge of cement and ceramics, a binding material widely used in the construction industry, and a construction material used in residential and industrial sectors, respectively. The science of Cement Engineering consists of research, development, design, and manufacture of a vast range of appliances and construction work using these two materials. The course involves the study of the properties of various inorganic and non-metallic objects and their manufacturing processes.
Cement Technology Course Objectives
Listed below are some of the primary objectives of the course.
- To provide a strong foundation in the fundamentals of mathematics, science, and engineering with an emphasis on the synthesis-structure-property-application relationship in ceramic and cement materials.
- To develop among students the ability to comprehend, analyze, and solve industrial processes, product development problems through proper training relevant to the general practice of Ceramic and Cement Engineering.
- To develop strong interaction with industries through collaborative research, student training, consultancy, and to work on multidisciplinary and real-life industrial problems.
- Duration- 3 years
- Eligibility- 10th with a minimum of 50% marks/PPT.
- Job Positions- Materials engineer, Research engineer, Project research assistant, Mechanical design engineer, Research Fellow.